Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Universal studio

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hychi's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm going to Florida next month and was wondering if annybody have been to Universal studio. I wanna know if they have a lot a souvenirs like Marvel select Marvel legend and statues like the ones created by bowen and if it's a bit cheaper than other places.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Joranthalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2001
    Posts
    4,990
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, they have a couple stores in the marvel area, and marvel stuff in the main stores. But MLs statues and other figures that you can get at TRU are more expensive in the park...

    Just ride Spiderman and the Hulk over and over [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 11, 2005 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Joranthalus ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member hychi's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the advice. I'll just take some X-men pens in that case lol

  4. #4
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    Baimun just came back from there - he'd have a good line as to what is there.

    I need to find someone that is going to the Star Wars one as I still haven't picked up wave 3 of the Star Tours figures

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Joranthalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2001
    Posts
    4,990
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    megs, why didn't you tell me last year?

    Either way, i'll be going back in september, so remind me! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    As for Universal, basically there's a marvel souvenir store, a spidey souvenir store, and a comic store. You'll see pens, mini figs, mugs, shirts, hats, marvel legends, statues etc...

    again, the only stuff worth getting is the stuff you can't get somewhere else... and stop by the outlet malls before you go to see what they have in the Universal store before you buy it in the park...

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 11, 2005 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Joranthalus ]</font>

  6. #6
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    The new series wasn't released the last time you went down if I remember correctly!

    But I will try to remind you then! Thanks

  7. #7
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Normally a one day pass for Universal is $60.

    A two day pass is $112... I got a deal off the website which was $99 for 5 days.... either park (Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios.)

    some of my favorites were....

    Hulk (IoA)
    Mummy (US)
    Spiderman (IoA)
    Jurassic Park (US)

    But the Superhero Island in Islands of Aventure was my overall favorite area (Fantastic 4 Cafe... comic shops, etc)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member hychi's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    But the Superhero Island in Islands of Aventure was my overall favorite area (Fantastic 4 Cafe... comic shops, etc)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">lol that's where I'll pass the major of my time there lol

  9. #9
    Inactive Member hychi's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Right now the only thing I know I'm gonna get is the Gamma rage hulk. Maby some stuff la coffe mug and other little toys...

  10. #10
    Inactive Member DemonsAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    6,043
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i love universal [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] my favorite ride has to be the hulk, i haven't been on the mummy, the last time we went it wasn't open yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •